Prospera Property Management is seeking a Maintenance Technician to assist the Lead Maintenance in maintaining buildings and common areas. A variety of maintenance tasks include caulking, painting, basic painting, basic electrical, plumbing, repairing windows, flooring, janitorial, landscaping and HVAC maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE
- General knowledge of maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, minor electrical, drywall repair, painting and appliance repair.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Physical Conditions Standards or Housing Quality Standards.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions and manuals for tools, equipment and chemicals at the assigned locations.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move around the property in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to access second story and roof areas.
- A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs or ladders (often while lifting or carrying items), bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, reaching above shoulder height, grasping, gripping, turning or lifting) is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to hear and respond to warnings and calls for help.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds frequently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience in the multi-family housing industry preferred.
- Environmental Protection Agency Section 608 Certification required or obtain within one year of employment.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.