Prospera Property Management is seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform variety of maintenance tasks include caulking, painting, basic painting, basic electrical, plumbing, repairing windows, flooring, janitorial, landscaping and HVAC maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES – GENERAL PERFORMANCE
- General knowledge of maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, minor electrical, drywall repair, painting and appliance repair.
- Working knowledge of Uniform Physical Conditions Standards or Housing Quality Standards.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions and manuals for tools, equipment and chemicals at the assigned locations.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Familiarity with some computer skills including email, electronic time keeping and mobile software applications.
- Ability to work independently and concurrently to perform multiple compliance projects.
- Ability to produce work which consistently meets quality, thoroughness and effectiveness.
- Ability to speak calmly and respectfully to residents.
- Respond positively to supervisory direction and feedback.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to move around the property in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to access second story and roof areas.
- A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs or ladders (often while lifting or carrying items), bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, reaching above shoulder height, grasping, gripping, turning or lifting) is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to hear and respond to warnings and calls for help.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds frequently.
- The mental work demands include regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like within Prospera’s region and other locations as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience in the multi-family housing industry preferred.
- Environmental Protection Agency Section 608 Certification required or obtain within one year of employment.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.