Property Manager (Affordable Housing)
We are currently seeking an experienced Property Manager with a full understanding of managing affordable housing properties, who is organized with great attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. The position oversees highly regulated administration for tenants with limited financial means, ensures high occupancy rate and maintains the buildings in good physical condition with sound fiscal operations.
- Manage and monitor the accomplishments of the financial goals and objectives of the property, owners and other stakeholders.
- Operate the property in compliance with HUD, TDHCA, investor and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity and collections/delinquencies are minimized.
- Provide customer service to residents resolving any issues that may occur and ensuring maintenance completes service requests.
- Supervise leasing and maintenance staff including delegating work, reviewing work, maintaining deadlines, training and scheduling.
- Maintain property occupancy by executing resident retention procedures (strategies?) and successfully marketing property to attract new residents.
- Operate within budget and purchasing guidelines.
- Ensure all property reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain curb appeal of property and vacant units.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are met.
- Attend court proceedings, as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead staff meetings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Management/Administration, Real Estate or related field plus a minimum of 1 year Property Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position requires one year of management experience in Property Management software. YARDI experience preferred.
- Certification in the following or obtain within one year of employment: Certified Professional of Occupancy Specialist (Project-based Section 8 Housing), TDHCA Certified Low Income Housing Tax Credit Manager or Housing Credit Certified Professional.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.
- Able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) is required on a daily basis.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities.
- The mental work demands include regular attendance, working well with others, verbal contact with others, noise and occasional travel by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.