Director of Membership & Programs
LOCKHART CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Position Title: Director of Membership & Programs Created: 6/20/2019
Reports to: President/CEO FSLA: Non-Exempt (hourly) POSITION OVERVIEW
As the Director of Membership & Programs the primary role is to maintain a professional environment in the office, member management & engagement, and coordinates programs/events hosted by the chamber. Ensures a professional experience for Chamber members and visitors when communicating with the office, either in person or other means of communication. Manages the general business operations of the Lockhart Chamber of Commerce. The Director of Membership & Programs ensures that day to day support activities run smoothly. Assists the President/CEO with projects, events, preparation of reports, research, communication with members and the public and other activities as necessary to fulfill the vision and mission of the Chamber. Exercises discretion and judgment in managing the membership of the Chamber of Commerce.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
*Responsible for maintaining positive membership relationships, developing new relationships and presenting a positive helpful image for visitors to the Chamber.
- Recruits new members & retains current chamber membership.
- Engages & serves current membership with membership support.
- Receives members, visitors and tourists into the office and assists with their needs in a professional manner.
- Answers telephone calls and assists with information regarding the local area, referrals to the visitor center and member support.
- Keeps members and the public aware of events that are on the chamber calendar utilizing email, monthly newsletters, Facebook and announcements at chamber events.
- Processes and distributes membership mailings, bulk mailings, emailing through Constant Contact and other communication used for information distribution.
- Records visitor packet mailings along with postage amount and reports to President/CEO.
- Communicates any member concerns with President/CEO in a timely fashion.
- Serves as a resource for members regarding benefits of their membership and provides education on how to access the benefits.
*Maintains accounting and member records and utilizes QuickBooks and ChamberMaster for recording, storing and tracking financial transactions of the Chamber.
- Receives, records and deposits checks, credit cards and cash.
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper coding or categorizing.
- Exports ChamberMaster receivables into QuickBooks, creates deposits, and reconciles end of month bank statements. Reports & reconciles discrepancies found in records.
- Prepares and issues invoices and account statements monthly.
- Tracks invoicing and accounts payable providing reports to President/CEO and Chamber Board regarding those members who are delinquent.
*Consults with President/CEO regarding the purpose of events and assists with planning logistics of calendared events, special events, Board and Executive Board meetings.
- Confers with staff at a chosen event location to coordinate details.
- Organizes registration of event participants.
- Solicits sponsorships for chamber events.
- Works with volunteer staff as required by the particular event needs.
- Obtains permits as needed for fire and health departments to erect displays and exhibits and serve food at events in conjunction with the President/CEO.
- Designs and implements any publicity for the event and promotes sponsorships.
- Coordinates the guests, supplies, facilities, local media coverage at chamber events such as Luncheons, Business after Hours, Ribbon Cuttings and Banquet as well as all special events.
- Processes and distributes advertisement for the chamber to advertise these events.
- Maintains registration and reservation lists for chamber events.
- Assists in coordination of “set up” and “tear down” for each event.
- Travels and attends each event as a representative of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Manages the Lockhart Chamber Ambassador Program; tracks points; contacts Ambassadors for chamber needs.
- Hosts a monthly Chamber 101 class for membership; invites new members for participation.
*Identifies physical facility and equipment concerns and requests authorization for maintenance as needed.
- Keeps office in presentable, uncluttered fashion.
- Maintains material (brochures and/or cards) in the chamber that is current and organized for current chamber business members.
- Maintains & fills downtown visitor kiosk with visitor material.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and meeting supplies.
- Coordinates with President/CEO when maintenance is needed on the building and gains authorization to proceed with acquiring required services.
Administrative Support Tasks:
- Primary telephone responder in the office.
- Maintains the master chamber & community calendar.
- Serves as visitor, member and tourist receptionist.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail which includes visits to the post office.
- Assembles relocation and tourism packets; keeps brochures updated and stocked.
- Compiles participation lists for chamber events & keeps records of sponsorships & attendance.
- Maintains files on computer and in storage filing cabinets.
- Receives, organizes and stores office supplies.
- Obtains door prizes, food, certificates, plaques and other items for chamber events. This may require visits to members and non-member contributors.
High School Diploma
Experience with basic accounting skills, data entry.
Ability to communicate – verbal, non verbal and listening skills with volunteers, staff, members, Board members and the general public.
An active driver’s license, as this position does require travel to local places of business.
Use of personal vehicle may be required.
ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION include but not limited to:
Face to face meetings with members, visitors, tourists.
Administrative Preparation for Meetings (making copies of paperwork to be presented; updating board member books; printing Agendas, etc)
Maintain Communication: e-mails; newsletters, Facebook, announcements.
Event Planning & Active Participation at all events.
Printing Services for members, tourism and promotion of Lockhart.
Other duties as assigned by President/CEO.
Light work involves lifting 35 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects. The position requires frequent walking, standing, and involves sitting most of the time. Use of a computer laptop and desktop versions. Pushing and pulling of file cabinet drawers and occasional but minimal overhead lift.
STANDARD WORK HOURS & AVAILABILITY:
Standard work week is Mon-Fri 8 am – 5 pm with one hour lunch break. Evening & Weekends required on occasion due to event requirements.
PAY AND BENEFTS:
Commensurate with experience/qualifications.
The Lockhart Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of otherwise qualified individuals.
*Please submit resume to email@example.com